I had previously been to PCMC and found the hospital to be absolutely amazing. My treatment there was just fantastic. Results perfect. The staff truly cared so much for me. I’ll be back.
Terms & Conditions
Terms, Conditions and Important Notices From Absolute Bariatrics Asia / Absolute Beauty Asia ABN 92 426 553 712
WHAT SERVICES WILL ABA PROVIDE
Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia is registered in Australia. who:
- Facilitate elective, plastic, and cosmetic surgery, dentistry and optical procedures (herein referred to as the “Elective Surgery Booking Services”). and
- Facilitate with accommodation and may facilitate flight arrangements.
- Facilitate and refer client for insurance purposes
Incidental goods and services may be provided or booked on your behalf in connection with Elective Surgery Booking Services, Hotel/Flight Booking Services. For the purpose of these terms all elective surgery, dentistry and optical procedures will be referred to as “Elective Surgery Procedures”; all bookings made for accommodation on your behalf at hotels are referred to as “Hotel Services”; all bookings made for flights on your behalf with airlines are referred to as “Flights Services”.
Other than making information from third parties available to you, introducing you to third party providers of goods and services, and booking, Absolute Beauty Asia / Absolute Bariatrics Asia is not itself providing you with any goods or services in the capacity of a principal, agent or sub-contractor. Important term: Third party principals (who are not agents of or not sub-contractors to Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia) provide all goods and services to you (including travel, activities, meals, consultations, operations and procedures) that may have been booked by Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia on your behalf. Whilst Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia will do its best endeavour to exercise every reasonable care in the selection of the third parties to whom you are introduced and whom may provide the goods and services to you, Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia shall not be liable to you in any way whatsoever for any damage, loss or injuries which you may suffer arising from or in relation to the goods or services provided by these third parties to you.
It is important to note, therefore, the following that:
- Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia ‘s role is to facilitate the introduction of and or supplier of those goods and services.
- Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia does not make any express or implied representation or warranty that any goods or services supplied by third parties to you will be fit for your required purpose or supplied by them with reasonable care and skill; and
- The goods and services to be provided by third parties are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability as may be separately imposed by the third parties (namely, the hospitals, clinics, hotels, airlines and other providers of goods and services to you) (some of which limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage).
Goods and services provided by third parties are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability as may be separately imposed by the third parties (namely, the hospitals, clinics, hotels, airlines and other providers of goods and services to you) (some of which limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage). Some third party providers of services arranged by Absolute Bariatric Asia/Absolute Beauty Asia provide for the allowance of payment of referral fees and/or commission. This may be listed as commission, referral fees or holding fees.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE BEFORE AND AFTER I ARRIVE
During your travel time, you may be assisted by a representative from Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia, who will provide the pickup and transfer at the airport at a prearranged arrival time. On the day of your arrival or following your arrival or as informed by our representative, you will have an appointment with the nominated Surgeon for a pre-operative consultation (Surgeon Consultation).On the day agreed with the Surgeon, and provided that the Surgeon and you agree to proceed, with the Elective Surgery Procedures, you will be admitted to the Hospital for the purpose of undergoing the Elective Surgery Procedure. If your procedure is done in the day clinic or as a day procedure, you will be assisted back to your hotel by hospital rep or Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia Representative in the late afternoon. Following the Elective Surgery Procedure, you will remain in the hospital for an observation period and post-operative consultations as required by the Surgeon. At an appropriate time (as determined by the Surgeon), you will be discharged from the hospital and return to your hotel. The Surgeon will recommend a period that you should remain for recuperation.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE SURGEON CONSULTATION?
- The Surgeon Consultation will help the Surgeon determine the appropriateness (from a medical perspective) of the/or each of the Elective Surgery Procedure you wish to undergo.
- The Surgeon will take the opportunity to explain the surgery and the procedure. The Surgeon will also inform you of any form or consent which the hospital may require from you or to be signed by you which is standard practice.
- To give you the opportunity to meet your surgeon and ask your questions and concerns
- To give you the opportunity to decide if you wish to proceed with your surgery.
- In addition, and in consultation with you, the surgeon will discuss any other procedures which may be applicable to you, what the costs of these elective procedures will be. Neither you or your surgeon are under any obligation to proceed with any elective treatments.
- Your surgeon will give you formal advice on the surgery to be performed. If your surgeon recommends a preferred procedure and you do not accept this advice or have a preference for a different treatment/s then you will be asked to sign a waiver of release. Your surgeon will not be responsible for any future complication that results from deviating from their professional learned advice
HOW WILL ABA ADVISE ME OF THE PRICE FOR ELECTIVE SURGERY PROCEDURES I REQUEST?
Stage 1: Based on the information provided by you to Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia, ABA will make enquiries with third parties for the purpose of giving you an estimate of the Elective Surgery Procedures. This estimate is herein referred to as the “Pre-Consultation Price Estimate” (the price for Flight Services, Hotel Services will be separately itemised).
Stage 2: Following your arrival, you will be required to attend the Surgeon Consultation. Following the Surgeon Consultation, the final price for Elective Surgery Procedures will be re-confirmed subject to any changes or additional items required (the “Final Price Amount”).When the Final Price Amount is decided and agreed by you, you will pay any additional amount directly to the hospital in accordance with the terms of payment of the hospital – before surgery.
**There may be outstanding unknown balances to pay due to unknown surgical outcomes during your treatment such as extra OT times, complications, extra medical interventions, extra tests, or medications. These are extra items and not part of the indicative pricing amount**
You acknowledge and accept that the estimated price of each Elective Surgery Procedure is only an estimate and is subject to changes or variations after the Surgeon Consultation. Unless otherwise specified in your Pre-Consultation Price Estimate, the “On Costs” for each Elective Surgery Procedure includes:
- One Surgeon Consultation; The services of the Surgeon for the purpose of carrying out the selected Elective Surgery Procedure(s); and
- The services of a specialist anaesthesiologist (if required).
- Post-operative accommodation at the private clinic/hospital for the specified period for the required procedure.
- One Dietician consultation during your hospital stay for Bariatric Patients
- All theatre charges for carrying out the required procedure; in theatre medications, whites, disposable, theatre time, theatre staffing, dressings, recovery room costs, day ward and or overnight ward.
- General medication required immediately following post operation,
- Post-operative consultation prior to your departure – some fees may apply
- 24 hours service availability – service charges may apply
- Other hospital fees and charges may apply that are not cover such as extra nights, ICU, HDU, alternate medications.
It is not possible to determine the exact price of Elective Surgery Procedures without first having the Surgeon Consultation (as discussed above). We will do all we can to ensure that all pricing quoted to you before arrival is as accurate as possible based on all information provided before your arrival. Pricing is still subject to a one on one appraisal.
Please note that neither the surgeon nor ABA set treatment pricing. Pricing is set and scheduled by the governing medical board of each hospital. ABA is not allowed to amend nor offer discounts to any price indicated in their quotes.
WHAT GOODS AND SERVICES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRE-CONSULTATION PRICE ESTIMATE?
The Pre-Consultation Price Estimate will include each of the services specified below:(a) Surgery Estimations and inclusions
- (b) Personal Care & Support Package costs and inclusions
- (c) Hotel Package Costs and inclusions if we are arranging these for you
- (d) Administration & Booking Fees and Charges – as listed on your quote
The estimated price for our Hotel Services, which may include (subject to your required package) the following:
- Accommodation at a specified hotel
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel and return to the airport; (fee may be chargeable)
- Transfers from your hotel to the hospital and return to the hotel for the initial consultation, the
elective procedure and at least two further visits to the hospital for post operative attention; and
- Breakfasts for each day of your stay
PLEASE NOTE OUR ACCOMMODATION PRICING POLICY:
- Accommodation at a specified hotel
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel and return to the airport; (fee may be chargeable)
- Transfers from your hotel to the hospital and return to the hotel for the initial consultation, the
elective procedure and at least two further visits to the hospital for post operative attention; and
- Breakfasts for each day of your stay
WHAT GOODS AND SERVICES ARE EXCLUDED IN THE PRE-CONSULTATION PRICE ESTIMATE AND THE FINAL PRICE QUOTE?
(a) Any additional medical expenses that might be incurred following any Elective Surgery Procedure as a result of unforeseen complications or as may be included in the Final Price Amount.
(b) Please Note: Medical expenses outside the package include:
– Any medications or nursing care for your personal pre-existing health condition
– Any additional medications after your 5-7 days supply of painkillers, sleeping tablets after your discharge
– Any additional nights stay in hospital out of your given package prices
(c) Any procedure for which an estimate is not given in respect of in Pre-Consultation Price Estimate and the Final Price Quote.
(d) Additional tours or outings not specified in your itinerary
(e) Any time spent at a hotel in excess of the departure date specified in the Pre-Consultation Price Estimate and the Final Price Amount.
(f) Additional expenses not specified in the Pre-Consultation Price Estimate and the Final Price Amount.
(g) Meals (unless they are specified in the Pre-Consultation Price Estimate and the Final Price Amount as being included in the price).
(i) Airport or departure taxes, road tolls, laundry, beverages, gratuities or tips.
(j) Additional costs incurred by weather or failure of transport services or other circumstances beyond the control of Absolute Beauty Asia.
(k) Travel Insurances
HOW LONG IS THE PRE-CONSULTATION PRICE ESTIMATE VALID FOR?
The Pre-Consultation Price Estimate is valid for 21 days from the date on which it is given to you, or an earlier date if advised by ABA.
TERMS OF PAYMENT PROCEDURE:
- AT THE TIME OF BOOKING YOU MUST PAY THE AUSTRALIAN CONTENT ADMINISTRATION & BOOKING, NURSING SCREEN FEES, POST CARE, OTHER SERVICES BOOKED AND ANY GST APPLICABLE. THESE FEES AND CHARGES MAY VARY FROM TIME TO TIME.
- HOSPITAL PREPAYMENT 2 WEEKS BEFORE ARRIVAL AND ABA WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE NECESSARY PROCESS
- AT HOTEL CHECK IN YOU WILL PAY BY CC DIRECTLY TO THE PROPERTY UNDER THEIR REQUIREMENTS
- AT CONSULTATION YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR YOU CONCIERGE, TRANSFERS FEES PLUS ANY ADDITONAL SERVICES YOU ENLIST
- AT HOSPITAL DISCHARGE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO AFFECT BALANCE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IF ANY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL HOSPITAL SERVICES
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL PERSONAL ITEMS OF EXPENDITURE
- SOME ITEMS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
We do not accept card payments. All payments for your Australian content, accommodation, in country services are payable by direct deposit into our business accounts held in Australian. We do not apply deposit charges or fee charges.
Non-payment for any services or non-payment of any account will result in debt being referred to a collections agency and/or law firm and client will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full including legal demand costs. Debts or unpaid account overseas may be registered with immigration and may affect your ability to travel to that country in the future.
Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia will use their best endeavour to ensure that the representative from Absolute Beauty Asia/ Absolute Bariatrics Asia is contactable 24 hours a day during the time you are staying overseas. If you would like to add, change, or cancel any bookings or treatments, please give at least 48 hours’ notice to the representative. This process described above may vary from patient to patient.
Cancellation: You may cancel at any time and the following items are refundable:
- Administration, Booking and Services fees are Non-refundable to cover the costs of your enquiry, file preparation, arrangements and medical processing of your documentation. (Discretionary).
- Consultancy & International arrangement Fee – Partially refundable at ABA discretion.
- Nursing Assessment, Screening and Report. Non-refundable if service completed.
- GST is non-refundable
- Shortnotice bookings. Non-refundable (discretionary)
- ABA may at its discretion amend the amount of refund.
CAN THE FINAL PRICE VARY FROM THE PRICE IN THE PRE-CONSULTATION PRICE?
Yes. For example,
- Pre-Consultation Price Estimates are expressed in a specified currency and reflect anticipated exchange rates unless otherwise indicated.
- As discussed above, the Elective Surgery Procedures may vary following the Surgeon Consultation.
- Any extra fees and charges due to unforeseen circumstance outside of the control of ABA
- Non-disclosure of any medical conditions not listed on your medical form, overweight or high BMI, pre-existing conditions that may warrant HCU or ICU
WHAT HAPPENS IF AFTER THE SURGEON CONSULTATION, I DECIDE NOT TO PROCEED WITH ANY SURGERY OR THE SURGEON REFUSES TO PERFORM A PARTICULAR PROCEDURE?
Following the payment of your surgery, you may amend your dates of travel, subject to any surcharge or fee imposed by the hospital and or hotel. At the discretion of ABA these changes may also incur $100 Aus. fee per amendment.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I WISH TO VARY MY BOOKING?
If, following the Surgeon Consultation, the Surgeon or you elect not to proceed with the Elective Surgery Procedure, your surgery funds less any hospital administration fees will be refunded to you within 30 days of your return home directly into your bank account. Your booking fee is non refundable after departure. Any other items paid will be refundable subject to administration costs and are at the discretion of ABA. Accommodation costs are non-refundable.
VISA & PASSPORT INFORMATION
ABA is not a travel agent and does not provide advice in relation to visa or passport requirements. It is your responsibility to make sure all required travel documents, Visas are valid and correct. A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS VALIDITY FROM THE DATE OF YOUR PLANNED RETURN DEPARTURE ON ALL PASSPORTS IS MANDITORY. Failure to ensure this is your responsibility and any losses incurred will not be the responsibility of ABA.
TRAVEL AND MEDICAL INSURANCE?
ABA does not include any insurance in the cost of the Hotel Services or Elective Surgery Procedures. Accordingly, ABA strongly recommends that you take out travel insurance, so that you will be comprehensively insured for your travel. Subject to your requirements, ABA recommends that you take out travel insurance that covers you against cancellation fees and loss of deposits, emergency medical, overseas medical and hospital expenses, theft, luggage delay, travel delay, personal liability and car rental excess. Certain travel insurance may not cover you for costs incurred as a result of elective surgery or medical malpractice in connection with elective surgery.
ABA notes that our surgeons do not accept clients who do not have medical insurance and we recommend that you consider obtaining specialist insurance for this purpose and we provide this option on our website through Global Protective Solutions. ABA are not a party to any insurance company and we do not receive any referral fees or commissions from any referrals. ABA strongly recommends that you disclose all relevant matters to your insurer (including the fact that you may be undertaking elective surgery as part of your travel).Important term: You acknowledge that ABA has not offered you any insurance or advice in relation to a particular insurance product. You have reviewed the terms of your insurance policy (if any) and are satisfied that it provides you with the level of insurance you consider that you require.
Note that it your surgeons expressed request that no more than 1 companion or support person travels with you and for safety reasons and in support of our hospital policy, support and companion travellers are no longer allowed to reside with patients during their hospital confinement. All companion travellers need to be over the age of 18. Please notify your consultant if you wish to go outside of these guidelines
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT
That ABA (or any of its officers, employees or directors) has not offered any advice or expressed any opinion that a reasonable person would consider as being outside of our third party role in relation to any medical procedure or Elective Surgery Procedure (including with respect to any risks, side effects or otherwise). ABA does not accept any liability of, whatsoever, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of tour operators, airlines, hospitals, doctors, clinics, dentists, hotels and other providers of goods and services to you directly or indirectly in connection with any goods and services facilitated by ABA on your behalf.
Without limiting the provisions of these clauses above, you agree to be bound by the terms of any contract between a third party provider of goods and services and yourself (which may be evidenced in writing by the issue of a ticket, voucher, coupon confirmation or the like). ABA does not accept any liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable on our part.
WHAT IS THE GOVERNING LAW OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Any contract for: Any services provided by ABA in accordance with the terms hereof is deemed to be made in Victoria, Australia and any disputes shall be dealt with within Victoria, Australia and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria. Any provision of, or the application of any provision of, these terms and conditions which is void, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction does not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction or of the remaining provisions in that or any other jurisdiction.
PATIENT SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
Patient responsibility starts at the moment you elect to become a patient – at the time of booking when you accept all of the Terms & Conditions and by acknowledging these conditions when completing your booking form online. You are notifying all parties concerned that you have read, understood and accepted these binding terms.
You must under our T&C – as part of your medical screening, give full disclosure of all known existing ailments, conditions, illnesses or any physical presentation that may affect the outcome of your treatment. It is imperative that you read through all documentation thoroughly by yourself as well as with a representative of ABA before you depart for your treatment.
No surgeon or hospital anywhere in the world can ever guarantee absolutely that there will be no problems and complications, but ABA does work with all our clients to reduce the risks as much as possible. At ABA, we have a policy of Patient Shared Responsibility and we work with you to lower your risks of surgery and for you to recover as fast as possible.
As we guide you, we also expect you to help yourself with your recovery. If you travel with us for surgery, and take the following advice, your risks will be minimised, and you should be very happy with your results:
Pre-surgery surgeon consultation – see notes above. At any time, you can cancel a procedure if you are not sure! Most of your questions would have been covered by your ABA consultant but it is still necessary for you to ask again of any items that concern you.
ABA is an end to end service provider and for health and safety during your surgery treatment time we do not accept clients who do not partake of our Clients Services during their stay in their destination. You are required by your surgeon to stay a certain amount of time as specified and this is to be at ABA member hotel where our staff can assist and manage you as a patient should any incidents occur or arise. All transfers from airport/hotel/hospital are by private ABA vehicles.
Time on holiday / Length of Stay. We strongly recommend that you stay at your destination until your wounds have completely closed and you are deemed fit for return travel by your surgeon Our team can assist you to change your flights, and extend your accommodation if you need to. You must stay the specified length of stay that is recommended for your surgical procedure. Failure to not stay the set time as stated at the time of booking will waive all your rights under ABA T&C. Failure to stay the set time as stated at the time of booking may also void any insurance you hold. Length of stay insitu is also dependent on current advised aviation compliance regulations – please check with your carrier.
Rest – we do ask you to rest and recover as much as your body requires. Shopping, eating out is always so tempting, and of course you can do some when you feel better, but as much as possible, do rest and relax in those first 5 days. We find that the less stress a patient has, the better and quicker they do recover.
Diet and hydration – it is important to eat as fresh and healthily as possible and drink lots of water
during your recovery to keep your body hydrated. Avoid too much spicy food but the selection available is immense so there is something for everyone.
Swimming. No you cannot swim. All wounds and dressing are always to remain dry and public pools or beach is out of the question. You can of course paddle or immerse up to near the wound areas. You can sit in the sun but do keep all your wounds completely out of the sun, and if you have had facial peels, you must wear a hat and factor 50 sunscreens at all times.
Attendant Care – As part of your Personal Care & Support Package, in the first 3 days after discharge we will have an assistant carer come to your room or hotel and check on your wellbeing and that your dressings are fine. If your dressings need changing, then you will be referred to the hospital for this. If you need additional day’s visitations, do let us know, these extra appointments are chargeable.
*Plastic surgery patients. Do ensure you bring with you and start taking – Arnica supplements (available from chemists), Vitamin C (for healing and recovery). DO NOT take Vitamin E.
SMOKING – if you smoke before or after surgery, your risks of infections and complications increases. For this reason, we have a strict no smoking policy and if you smoke, then ABA Assistance Guarantee will be void. We really strongly recommend that you don’t smoke at any time 4weeks before or 4 weeks after surgery. SURGEONS HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO ACCEPT A CLIENT WHO SMOKE.
Antibiotics – if your wounds are taking longer than average to heal then you may ask your surgeon for more antibiotics. Ask for his advice in what to take to speed up recovery and healing. When you have returned home, and your healing is still slow this may require you to visit your local GP for a further course. Do not be alarmed as this is common after any surgery.
Returning home – we recommend that you do not book yourself with work or social commitments for at least the first week or 2 after you arrive home, so you give yourself a chance to rest and relax after your trip and your surgery. If you have had breast surgery or tummy tuck, you must not lift children, any heavy items or do strenuous exercise for at least 6 weeks. Be sure to plan for this before your trip, so you are not expected to have a lot of work and family commitments. Please ensure you have a relaxed approach to returning to your normal duties, work and any exercise regime you previously had.
Please ensure you understand that although your external wounds have healed it still takes up to 6 months for full healing to take place. Internal tissue, muscle and nerves do take time to repair – have realistic expectations.
Facebook Membership: Clients are invited to participate in our FB Support Group and must adhere to the rules and regulations as set out to the group. Rules maybe amended and updated as required from time to time. General FB rules and regulation must also be adhered to. We will not tolerate abuse of ABA, staff or other members within the group. Posting within the group must be positive and not bullying or targeting of ABA, staff or other members within ABA group or other external groups will be tolerated. It is against FB regulations to use alias or pseudo names and if this is so then you may be asked to leave the group. Any false or misrepresentation will be referred for legal advice or directed back to FB for referral. Any derogatory, false, slanderous, mendacious, malicious, false or harmful statements will not be tolerate and will be referred to legal agents if not removed.
Assumption of the Risk & Waiver of Liability Relating to Communicable Diseases
Several communicable diseases and virus pose potential risk in some countries. Some illnesses such as COVID viruses have been declared worldwide pandemics by the WHO. While ABA will do all that we can to assure your safety it needs to be assumed that you are fully aware of these risks and act accordingly as part of your own patient safety. Any recommended guidelines according to your country of departure, country of arrival and any intermediary country that you travel through must be adhered to.
By signing T&C’s you acknowledge and understand the contagious nature of any communicable disease and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by a virus or illness and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability and death.
In accepting and signing our T&C you hereby release and discharge ABA or any of its third party partners, employees, agents, and representatives, from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
You understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of ABA or any of its third party partners, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether any infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any ABA program.
You understand that full disclosure of my medical conditions may be require or requested by any government agency where I travel in the event of any exposure to any communicable disease or virus.
SETTING YOUR EXPECTIONS
All surgeries carry risk and there are no guarantees regarding the results of any procedure. This is also the case for cosmetic surgery, general surgery and bariatric surgery as medicine is as much of an art as it is a science. That has the added factor that a person’s perception about their desired goals could be very different from the attainable goal. Therefore, it is so important for you to ask questions and match your expectations with the surgeons and to be open and honest with them.
Each of us has a “self-image,” a perception of how we believe we look to others. People who are happy with their self-image are more likely to be self-confident, effective in work and social situations, and comfortable in their relationships. Those who are dissatisfied tend to be self-conscious, inhibited, and less effective in activities.
Surgery whether cosmetic or reconstructive, plastic, general or weightloss – encourages and promotes a strong, positive self-image. Even a small change on the outside can create an extraordinary change on the inside, allowing an individual’s self-confidence to flourish. Because the changes resulting from treatment is often dramatic and permanent, it’s important that you have a clear understanding of how surgery might make you feel long before a procedure is scheduled.
If you are considering any form of surgery, you must be honest with yourself. Exactly why do you want surgery?
And, what are your goals for surgery-what do you expect treatment to do for you? There are two categories of patients who are good candidates for surgery.
- Patients with a strong self-image, who are bothered by a physical characteristic that they’d like to improve or change. After surgery, these patients feel good about the results and maintain a positive image about them.
- Patients who have a physical defect or cosmetic flaw or health/weight issue that has diminished their self-esteem over time. These patients may adjust rather slowly after surgery, as rebuilding confidence takes time. However, as they adjust, these patients’ self-image is strengthened, sometimes dramatically.
If you are seeking surgery with the hope of influencing a change in someone other than yourself, you might end up disappointed.
It’s important to remember that surgery can create both physical changes and changes in self-esteem. It’s possible that friends and loved ones will respond positively to your change in appearance and self- confidence, however, understand and accept that surgery will not cause dramatic changes in people other than you.
Inappropriate Candidates for Surgery Not everyone is an appropriate candidate for surgery, despite physical indications which are ideal for any given procedure.
Experienced surgeons can usually identify troubled patients during a consultation. Sometimes, surgeons will decline to operate on these individuals. Other times, they may recommend psychological counselling to ensure that the patient’s desire for an appearance change isn’t part of an emotional problem that no amount of surgery can fix. If your surgeon recommends counselling for you, feel free to ask your surgeon how he or she expects the sessions to help you.
- Patients in crisis, such as those who are going through divorce, the death of a spouse, or the loss of a job. These patients may be seeking to achieve goals that cannot be obtained through an appearance change-goals that relate to overcoming crisis through an unrelated change in appearance is not the solution. Rather, a patient must first work through the crisis.
- Patients with unrealistic expectations, such as those who insist on having a celebrity’s nose, with the hope that they may acquire a celebrity lifestyle; patients who want to be restored to their original “perfection” following a severe accident or a serious illness; or patients who wish to find the youth of many decades past.
- Impossible-to-please patients, such as individuals who consult with surgeon after surgeon, seeking the answers they want to hear. These patients hope for a cure to a problem which is not primarily, or not at all physical.
- Patients who are obsessed with a very minor defect, and may believe that once their defect is fixed, life will be perfect. Born perfectionists may be suitable candidates for surgery, as long as they are realistic enough to understand that surgical results may not precisely match their goals.
Patients who have a mental illness, and exhibit delusional or paranoid behaviour, may also be poor candidates for surgery. Surgery may be appropriate in these cases if it is determined that the patient’s goals for surgery are not related to the psychosis. In these cases, a surgeon may work closely with the patient’s psychiatrist
MEDICATION TO AVOID
The following is a list of vitamin supplements that is recommended that you stop taking two weeks prior to any surgery. Some of these have the effect of thinning the blood, whilst others react adversely with anaesthetic agents. If you have any queries regarding any medication or vitamin supplements you are currently taking, please inform your manager, surgeon and nursing staff. Please ensure that you have disclosed all current medications and supplements on medical booking forms.
|Medications To Avoid|
|Actifed, Addaprin, Advil, Alka Seltzer||NSAIDS|
|ASA (Arthritis Strength Aspirin)||ACT-3|
|Aspalgin, Aspro, Aspro Clear, Aspirin||Actiprofen|
|Bex Vincent’s Powders||Arthroxin|
|Cordrel Blue Tablets||Butazolidin|
|Codiphen, Codis, Codox||Candyll|
|Decrin Powders, Dindevan||Crysanal|
|Disprin, Ecotrin||DBL Piroxicam|
|Solcode, Solprin, Spren SRA||Orudis|
|Vitamin Supplements To Avoid|
|Aloe||Bilberry-inhibits clot formation|
|Cod Liver Oil||Cayenne-inhibits clot formation|
|Echinacea –** may affect liver||Evening Primrose Oil (Omega 6)|
|Feverfew||Flaxseed Oil (Linseed Oil)|
|Garlic – inhibits clot formation||Ginger – inhibits clot formation|
|Gingko Biloba – anti-coagulant||Ginseng – irregular heartbeat|
|St. John’s Wart||Vitamin E (200 iu is ok)|
POST CARE & RETURNING HOME
These instructions apply to ABA clients who have booked an elective, cosmetic or plastic surgery procedure through our company and our third-party partners. It is to be read and understood in conjunction with our Terms & Conditions.
At ABA we stand by the service that we offer, believing in quality, client satisfaction and that we have a responsibility to our clients long after they have returned home. ABA a provides our clients with the assurances that they are not putting themselves at unnecessary risk by travelling overseas for surgery without their full knowledge and awareness of risks involved.
Clients are advised that risks are inherently associated with any surgery, and that clients should be fully informed of those risks prior to electing to undertake surgery at ABA. Information on surgical procedures, anaesthetic and other risks are detailed in our information pamphlets on procedures which are available from ABA (Consent Form). Clients should also fully discuss these risks with their attending surgeon at consultation before they sign their surgical consent forms.
If clients are healthy without prior medical conditions and have realistic expectations, follow their surgeon’s advice and recovery instructions, then clients should be pleased with their results. If, in the case that a problem does arise as a direct result of the surgery or hospital admission that requires further surgery, ABA has an Assistance Guarantee Policy and review process. Clients are to understand the difference between certain surgical outcomes which are not surgical fault, but which indicate further surgical intervention (Revision, Refinement and Corrective) Please see these explanations below.
Bariatric Post Care Notes
Post care for Bariatrics is:
- Contact Point
- Reference and guidance info
- Hand Holding
- Ideas and recipes
- Answer and direct questions
- Shoulder for venting
- Discussion from/with/in FB group
- Available to advocate and contact dietician directly on behalf of patient when necessary
Post care for Bariatrics IS NOT:
- Medical Advice
- Dietary or Nutritional Advice
- Advice given or taken by patients in forums such as FB, support groups, other patients
If a patient is not adapting with the support provided, then in accordance with their surgeon recommendations and nursing screen form, patients are to seek professional support locally.
If a client has a concern, then ABA should be immediately advised. Please provide full details of the concern along with any evidence such as photos, medical reports or statements.
A review committee consisting of your attending Plastic Surgeon, Hospital Review Board member and ABA will review the concern. The review committee will review the evidence and make a determination. This determination will essentially be
- Whether the concern is related to surgery, hospital treatment or admission
- Whether the concern is related to unrealistic expectations of the client, previous medical or pre existing conditions, the client not fully following post-operative or surgeons instructions
- Whether the concern is not related to surgery, hospital treatment or admission
- Classification of the surgery in question relating to Revision, Refinement or Corrective. After a determination of the above, the amount and extent of responsibility between ABA, the Hospital facility, the attending Surgeon and the client will be allocated. Allocation of responsibility will be made on a case by case basis. ABA will notify the client of the determination in writing.
If a client disagrees with the determination, they should immediately notify ABA, in writing, providing the reasons why they disagree with the determination. Conditions that clients should be aware that:
- All post-operative advice provided by surgeons, including medication recommendations, restricted activities, follow up care must be followed
- Compression garments where recommended must be worn according to the surgeons instructions
- Post operative stays in hospital and hotels must be in an approved ABA hotel
- In cases of an emergency, such as acute pain, acute swelling or infection, illness or unusual difficulty, the client should seek immediate medical assistance from a licensed medical practitioner. The client should obtain a medical report or statement detailing the diagnosis, treatment provided and cost of treatment and forward this information to Absolute Beauty Asia
- ABA is not liable to reimburse treatment costs that have not been pre approved in writing by the original physician.
- Generally, except in the cases of emergency or acute complications, no determination will be made by ABA for 6 months following surgery. This is to allow ample time for the minimisation of any swelling and to allow normal healing, scar minimisation etc.
- No procedures, except in emergencies or acute complications, may be performed by another surgeon without the consent of ABA or the original treating physician. Significant risk factors that may be taking into account when making a determination on high risk surgery cases.
Patients with any of the following risk factors should ensure that this information has been provided to their surgeon before undertaking any surgical
- Patients who smoke or are alcohol or drug dependent
- Patients outside a healthy BMI range – EXCEPT FOR Bariatric purposes
- Patients with diabetes or thyroid disease
- Patients with blood pressure disorders including hypertension, limb ischemia, varicose vein or
- Patients with heart conditions including valvular disease or ischemia
- Patients with renal conditions including chronic renal failure or stone
- Patients with urinary conditions including benign prostatic hypertrophy, stricture of the urethra
- Patients with liver conditions including cirrhosis or hepatitis
- Patients with lung conditions including COPD, asthma or TB
- Patients with gastrointestinal conditions including peptic ulcer
- Patients with marrow conditions including dysplastic marrow
- Patients with nerve conditions including sensory, motor or autonomic disturbance
- Patients with muscle conditions including weakness, myasthenia-Gravis or Guilain-Barre syndrome
- Patients with uterine conditions including dysmenorrhea and endometriosis
- Patients with joint conditions including arthritis
- Patients with eye conditions including glaucoma
- Patients with psychiatric conditions depression, schizophrenia or anxiety
- Patients with systemic conditions including autoimmune disease allergy or cancer
- Patients with degenerative conditions to the spine, bone, joints, eye or brain
- Patients with keloid scarring problems.
- Patients with vascular or heart problems
- Patients who take medications which could interfere with recovery
- Patients who are allergic to medications or other non disclosed allergies
- Patients who are HIV positive, or have hepatitis or syphilis
- Non-surgical procedures, laser eye correction or dental procedures
- Inherent risks associated with surgery which are not a result of surgery error, including but not
limited to: capsular contracture, double bubble, breast asymmetry, skin rippling, nipple size changes or
asymmetry to nipple or areola (in the case of breast implants or breast surgery), numbness and changes in
skin sensation, asymmetry, seroma, scarring, Keloid scarring
- Changes associated with weight gain/loss or pregnancy post surgery
- Applicable only to patients who have stayed the required amount of nights recommended to recovery of
the named procedure
- Case where patients who have been identified and advised that (a) they are high risk (b) surgical
outcomes may not be fully attained as expected by the patient (c.) prior to surgery, the surgery technique
used, or any other factor provided to the patient which may result in a complication. This particularly
applies to patients who insist on having a procedure, when they have been informed by the surgeon that the
results may not be optimal.
Determination: If after determination, and taking into consideration the conditions and exclusions above that ABA will arrange on an agreed cost or cost share basis with the client/physician/hospital:
- For all hospital, admission, surgical and other costs associated with proven corrective surgery. (not for Revision or Refinement Surgeries)
- Return airfares from the nearest capital city or international airport in economy class and original booking code. Travel should be in the same season of travel (low season, low shoulder, shoulder, high shoulder, high season). Any additional airfare costs must be paid by the client. (Not for Revision or Refinement Surgeries).
- Hotel accommodation for up to 7 nights in the original destination for surgery. The hotel will be selected by ABA. Any additional hotel costs, including upgrades to a higher standard or class or hotel, including room upgrades must be paid by the client. ABA will not be responsible for any expenses for the patient’s companion or family.
Revision Surgery – outcome of a known and unavoidable risk, example only – double bubble, capsular
contraction, implant rupture, rippling, seroma, skin asymmetry or any other common know outcome.
Refinement Surgery – where the desired result may not be able to be achieved in one session example,
large weight loss patient with skin damage, dog ears, loss of skin elasticity, resizing of breast etc,
client unhappy with result, which is not from surgical fault
Corrective Surgery – confirmed but proven unintentional surgical misfortune
**All disclaimers on all of our documentation, media and publication are governed by the above policy
All quotes- do not include fees or charges for any other treatment you may undertake to have such as gall stones, gall bladder removal or any surgery you may discuss with your treating physician at consultation or as listed on your recommendations. All pricing is indicative. Final price is set at consultation but subject to final account at discharge to allow for miscellaneous items and surgical amendments. (OT time, other treatments needed, surgical complication etc) Indicative pricing is shown based on the exchange rate of the date quote compiled.
Disclaimer : Please note that from time to time information provided to you is amended or updated by third parties such as hospitals and surgeons and may differ from the direct contact you have had via ABA. No harm or deception is intended if this occurs and no liability is accepted.
Our Non-Smoking Policy: Smoking can cause delays in your recovery, wound breakdown and increased risk of infection. We strongly recommend that you stop smoking 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after your surgery. You may be denied surgery if you smoke and the ABA Assistance Guarantee is void for all clients who smoke.
NOTICE: HEALTH PRIVACY ACT. ABA is governed by the Victorian Privacy Act (amended intermittently) that ensures complete client privacy from the moment of enquiry to follow up support. The Act is designed to comply with NPP (Australia), HIPC (New Zealand), NHS (United Kingdom) but is adaptable to suit the privacy requirement of all countries we operate in.
ABN 92 426 553 712
A & E, YS Melbourne Vic Breast Surgery Kuala Lumpur 2013
KJ – QLD Breast Reconstruction & Dental Restoration Kuala Lumpur 2015
A heartfelt thank you to you Michele. You put in so much hard work just to make this all happen for us and we are truly grateful. Your team here in KL is outstanding. Ros has really looked after us brilliantly going over and above what we expected. We couldn’t have coped without her here. We have loved it here in KL and I am plannin g for my next trip … for other “touch ups” …. Just don’t tell anyone yet…tee hee! The dentist has done an amazing job. I was in tears when I saw myself…I can’t describe to you what this has done for my self-confidence…
TH, Perth WA Abdominoplasty Bali 2017
Hi Michele, The tummy tuck was the best thing I have ever done. It has given me a new surge with life, regarding nutrition, well being and fitness. My recovery down time was exactly like you said. I am 8 weeks post op, I have taken it easy, like instructed, and now I am getting back to training to where I was before. The hospital and staff in Bali were awesome, and very professional. I am keeping in contact with a few of the nurses (via Instagram). This is a decision I am very pleased I went with. I was a little nervous at first, but thanks to Michele for her thorough information, and any questions I had, the whole transition was very smooth. So Thankyou Michele, you are a game changer!!